“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another.”
-Anatole France, French Writer
Change is hard. Whether it is planned or not, there can be grief and anxiety for individuals or groups. When change is experienced in the church, all kinds of things can happen. Our consultants are trained in change management, systems theory, and have accompanied clients, guiding and shaping many successful change processes. Our exceptional work with change is comprised of:
- Our deep understanding of organizational theory, change process, and human systems help us navigating change initiatives, conflict and whole congregational and cultural movement.
- Tools and processes to engage leaders and the whole congregation or organization in conversation.
- Group training and facilitation that help leaders discern direction, create plans and take action.
- Experience with communication planning for the clearest, most transparent change process possible.
- Work with leaders on embracing difference of opinion for healthy dialog, using conflict to move the project forward to greater clarity and articulation, maneuver tense or contentious situations into healthy outcomes.
- Equipping congregations with the skills to work without us in the future to discern issues, engage the congregation, make decisions together and implement change.
- Consultants on-going follow up with your leadership team over the course of the change implementation.